Corporate and commercial law
As specialists in business law, we are here to help you with any concerns you may have regarding your aims. Company and commercial law are our core areas of expertise. In matters of this kind, we are there to offer our clients expertise and valuable experience.
This applies to small and medium-sized enterprises as well as large enterprises and groups of companies. We provide legal assistance right from the start, including the process of choosing the right legal form for your future entity and forming the entity itself. We support both Swiss and foreign clients in all legal matters.
A key aspect of our work, is organising your undertaking and successfully implementing your business strategy to meet the requirements of the market, the customers and the stakeholders. We contribute the same level of commitment, experience and expertise to complex structuring and restructuring of corporate finance. Our services also extend to practical and tested solutions on corporate governance.
In the commercial sphere, we advise clients concerning the preparation and implementation of many varied transactions and on the drafting of contracts, including but not limited to purchase contracts, contracts for work, tenancy and lease agreements, production agreements, distribution agreements, agency agreements, licence agreements and service contracts. We also support you in enforcing your contractual rights and in warding off claims.
From long experience we understand the benefits of a personal relationship, and we integrate this understanding in our day-to-day advisory work. We measure our success by our ability as a law firm to establish close and lasting relationships with our clients based on mutual interest, respect and trust, and characterised by fairness, transparency, competence, consistency and creativity when acting as your counsel.
Keeping in mind details as well as the overall picture, we produce sustainable, customised, high quality solutions that will repay your trust in us and exceed your expectations time and again.
Our range of services includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Formation and organisation of all kinds of Swiss legal entities
- Establishing branches
- Consultation in siting foreign companies in Switzerland
- Advice and support on transactions relating to commercial register and notarial transactions
- Planning, preparation and conduct of shareholders’ meetings, board meetings and management meetings
- Provision of advice to directors, managing directors, executive board members and trustees
- Advice on organisational structures, including preparation of organisational regulations and instructions
- Shareholder agreements
- Conducting contract negotiations and drafting contracts, including but not limited to purchase contracts, contracts for work, tenancy and lease agreements, production agreements, distribution agreements, agency agreements, licence agreements, service contracts, general terms and conditions and articles of association (e.g. joint ventures)
- Corporate due diligence reviews
- Discussion of issues regarding liability of directors and company officials
- Structure and conduct of mergers, demergers, conversions and transfers of assets
- Advice on stock option schemes for employees
- Corporate governance
- Advice on legal and corporate succession
- Support for start-ups
- Preparation of legal opinions
- Conflict mediation
- Representation before courts and public authorities